Monday, June 25, 2012

Long Work Days

I read an article today about how Americans are working more hours than ever.

"In 2006, the same BLS survey found employed Americans working an average of 8.06 hours a day. In 2007, it was 7.98 hours, and in 2008 it was 7.99. Then, as we all know, the economy had a bit of a stumble. The following year, in 2009, the hours-per-day-worked figure had dropped off to 7.78. And in 2010 it was 7.82, still considerably below the eight-hour mark it had hovered around before the recession."
 www.huffingtonpost.com.

I find these small changes to be irrelevant when you compare what I read in the following article.

"According to the ILO, “Americans work 137 more hours per year than Japanese workers, 260 more hours per year than British workers, and 499 more hours per year than French workers.”
http://20somethingfinance.com

Boy do I wish I were French right about now....
Ok I wont complain because I got this email today from the Universe saying  "there's nothing, ever, to be unhappy about. Unless, of course, you lose sight of the big picture or think the illusions are real"

I guess the big picture for me, would be that anything is possible. The possiblity of me working 2 days out of the week and having the rest of the time to be me, is so very likely!
That is of course making more money than I do now. Which shouldn't be hard since I don't make very much anyway.
Ha! Don't you just love my imagination????



The relevent part of this video is towards the end. Hang in there!
Or don't, what ever you want...

I don't want you to think I'm ungreatful but I am an American, therefore can be selfish and want way more for way less!
Sorry, Im just sayin...

Obviously I'm only focusing on what I find relevant to me, so don't hate, appreciate my utter honesty.

I'm truely disturbed that we aren't encouraged to value and focus on "ME TIME". I would consider this to be everything related to you.
Family, friends, vacations, meditation, watching tv, eating ect...

My friend has a theory that we should be able to eat what ever we want without becoming fat. The reason we do is because we eat in a hurry and stress eat.
Obviously there is more to it but I see the point.
WE ARE SO UNHEALTHY NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT!

We work to make money to support our family. Then we neglect our family due to work. We neglect ourselves due to stress from work. Where is all the "ME TIME"?

I know this isn't the case for everyone of course. Im just making a blanket statement!

As you can probably tell by now I'm all about ME and you should and have every right to be all about YOU!

Those are all the words Magenta has for you today...

Shop: TheMagentaShop

Be sure to watch me on YouTube  TheMagentaShow and  TheMagentaVlog
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: MagentaTalk
Until next time
XOXO
Magenta!

No comments:

Post a Comment