Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Retirement

It seems to me that retirement isn't on every ones mind. Some have their point of view on how it should work. I was talking to a friend that thinks you should just make as much money as you can in life and not worry about it cause if you've done it right you will just have the money. I guess if you are making money this is a great point of view. I would love to just think of making a ton of money and retire tomorrow. Wouldn't that be amazing!?

For some people making money doesn't come easy, sometimes life gets in the way. Sometimes you get in your own way. Some people get married and have babies way to soon. Some people lack the motivation or life strategy. They weren't guided as a child to have a plan and work with what life throws their way. Some people want to make money with what ever their passion is. They just want to be happy doing what their doing making a living. People like me haven't figured out how to do that yet, so we sit in an office with no windows contemplating a way out. Dun dun duuuunnnn.....

In this story www.huffingtonpost.com the couples retirement were exotic birds that got stolen. Now what are they to do? They are already at retirement age.

If you go by what society or the government tells you to do, you'll go to college, work a corporate job, set up a 401K, saving account, Roth Ira and hope that all of that equals a million dollars or more when your ready to retire. If  it doesn't amount then you keep working till it does or your screwed. One thing that is done automatically for you is Social Security. Ive been told not to rely on that because it will be depleted by the time I get to use it. Well all I have to say is that I have all my check stubs to prove that it came from my hard earned money. If they think they aren't going to give it back, I will throw the biggest bitch fit you've ever seen!
I've heard horrible stories about social security and one day I will be their horrible story. That is unless I have over a million dollars to retire on. HA! Can that be tomorrow please?

My dad asks what I will do once I retire? Well ill do what ever the heck I want. That is assuming I have all the money I want. There is a story:
The Story about the poor old FishermanOne day a rich Westerner who had made sqillions from speculating on the stock market was strolling along the beach and saw the fisherman pulling in his boat with his meager catch.
The rich Westerner stopped and remarked “not much of a catch today”. The fisherman replied “yes not much” but explained that his small catch was enough for him and his family.
The rich Westerner asked, “But what do you do with the rest of your time?”
“I sleep late, play with my children and have an afternoon’s rest under a coconut tree. In the evenings, I go to the local pub to see my friends, play some music, and sing a few songs….. I have a full and happy life.” replied the fisherman.
The rich Westerner ventured, “I have an MBA from Harvard and I can help you…… You should start by fishing longer every day. You can then sell the extra fish you catch. With the extra revenue, you can buy a bigger boat.
With the extra money the larger boat will bring, you can buy a second one and a third one and so on until you have a large fleet. Instead of selling your fish to a middleman, you can negotiate directly with the processing plants and maybe even open your own plant. You can then leave this little village and move to a city from where you can direct your huge enterprise.”
“And after that?” asked the fisherman.What a poor Fisherman can teach you about Retirement
“After that? That’s when it gets really interesting,” answered the rich Westerner, laughing, “When your business gets really big, you can start selling stock in your company and make millions!”
“Millions? Really? And after that?” pressed the fisherman.
“After that you’ll be able to retire, move out to a small village by the sea, sleep in late every day, spend time with your family, go fishing, take afternoon naps under a coconut tree, and spend relaxing evenings with friends…”

I found this story posted by Allan, Moderator of the Bali Forum. LIfe is What You Make IT!

Obviously life isn't over when you retire, you still have to keep your mind and body moving and most people end up living out what they couldn't while they were working. Some people work to their grave. Yet again it isn't work if you enjoy what you do. My dad and I met a man who works on model trains, he has a real passion for them and that's what keeps him going.  He had his own business then retired and this is what he does. It may be silly to some, then again what do you plan on doing?

Shop: TheMagentaShop


Be sure to watch me on YouTube  TheMagentaShow and  TheMagentaVlog
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: MagentaTalk
Until next time
XOXO
Magenta!


No comments:

Post a Comment